Hand Pulled Prints, Books, Drawings and More


Sunday, January 16, 2011

New Year! New Goals - New thing to learn!

Yes, lots of exclamation points! If you've been reading any of the previous posts you must've noticed that I abuse my favorite punctuation mark. However, it is certainly warranted. Though I apologize for my absence you must know that I've been around, mucking about and getting involved in things!

News: Oxbow Press is home to a lithography press! Not only do we have the equipment, we also have stones, inks, a sink and more. One of my favorite artists, Alphonse Mucha, was a stone lithographer. This traditional type of printmaking is done with stones that have unique density and pore distribution. The stones used by lithographers are from a quarry in Belgium that has been mined out for the last hundred years or so. That's right, dear reader, the store where you buy these things is out of business, the materials are on eternal back-order, you can only find them rarely and usually from other printmakers who prize them as highly as I do or from inheritors who don't know what they are (besides strange paving stones). We are very lucky to have made the connection we did in order to secure such wonderful tools for Oxbow. Thanks go to Anne Hoff for convincing Candace to go forward with this opportunity.

more news (and photos) coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment