Hand Pulled Prints, Books, Drawings and More


Friday, July 22, 2011

Bottle Cap Projects

Sign up to take this class at the Nevada Museum of Art on November 12th, read more about in on the Happenings tab.

Do you love drinking beer, soda and other fine liquids that are bottled? Well swig away, my friends, but save those bottle caps because they are the next cool thing! While I'm not following in the bodacious footsteps of Luna Lovegood and creating necklaces I have learned that with a little resin you can preserve almost anything the size of a penny in these lovely little vessels.




bottle caps full of resin

Bottle cap magnets and charms are a great way to recycle your bottle caps and preserve a small memento. From acorns, buttons, small knots and charms to photographs, drawings, and beads anything little can be suspended in clear resin and makes a useful and beautiful keepsake or gift. These are the best stocking stuffers ever. Candace Nicol taught me how it's done though I first learned the technique with my Etsy group the Handmade Hustlers, check out pictures of us making them on our facebook page. I am hoping to teach a workshop or two in this simple and fun process later this fall at the Nevada Museum of Art where I will teach Monoprinting with your Environment on August 13th this summer. 
bottle caps on my fridge!

beautiful little leaf

No comments:

Post a Comment