Hand Pulled Prints, Books, Drawings and More


Monday, July 1, 2013

Happy July!

So! Though summer is formally introduced to us on the 21st of June, Reno has been casually calling upon her since April. Within the few days since our official meeting things have escalated quickly here regarding temperature. Going from an expected, even comfortable, 80-90 degree average to triple digits for five days running has been exhausting.

Really I'm trying to find excuses for not being outside more. When it's 105 Fahrenheit outside the weather is a willing scapegoat for my lack of motivation to seek out the world at large. That means, however, I have fewer reasons to put off more sedentary pursuits, namely art.

In an attempt to get myself on the right, read: galvanized, path I've been going through my portfolio and deducing which works I'd like to develop and which I'd like to leave behind, at least for the moment. My work has always been a bit of this and a bit of that from inspiration through execution. It's highly likely such an approach will always characterize my art, but for now it's making me think on new projects! I've only printed a couple things so far this year, and said year is nearly half over!
In the mean time, I hope you enjoy this new image.

Stage 2 of 4 in Her Name is December


"Suicide Cut", also know as a reduction cut, has been one of the most fun and interesting techniques I've learned over the years. There may be more coming. In any case, this is the second stage of Her Name is December. Perhaps a demonstration is in order? Eternal thanks to Bob Blesse of the Black Rock Press for allowing me to occasionally loiter about in his beautiful studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment