Hand Pulled Prints, Books, Drawings and More


Friday, October 15, 2010

Current Works

In the past my work has been more focused on mythology/literature and their roles influencing modern culture. Lately my inspiration has been much more limited.

Growing up with dogs was lots of fun, but even as a little girl I always wanted a cat. When I moved out and my partner and I decided to get a pet cats were on the top of the list. Ahab was our first adoptee from the SPCA of Reno. Crotchety, dignified and majestic Ahab is as obsessive about cleaning himself as his namesake was about cetaceans. Only a few months ago the fat, fluffy and less than intelligent Alphonse decided he would come live with us. The cats interact with each other, us, and their environment in many different ways. Though they are both cats they both deal with things very differently. My "cat art" explores the intentions and imaginings of my two pets.

One of my first forays into screen-printing.


 These are images from a project I did for the Reno News and Review produced by the Sierra Arts Foundation. Candace and Alexandria Nicol, Carole-Ann Ricketts and myself all decorated RN&R news stands to be displayed around Reno in an effort to spread art and awareness about Sierra Arts and Oxbow Press. The quest is still on to find where they actually placed my newsstand, stay tuned for more pictures when I find it.

Kittyzilla Attacks!

 Kitties in the Catnip Tree
My favorite - Kitty vs. Kraken

No comments:

Post a Comment