Hand Pulled Prints, Books, Drawings and More


Monday, April 4, 2011

April is a Big Month

To say that I was surprised to find that April had a lot going on in my calendar is a bit of an understatement.

April 9th, Saturday: Assist with Screen Printing Workshop (a few spots still available - only $25 including materials)
April 10th, Sunday: Oxbow Press Monitor Meeting, then Board Meeting
April 14th, Thursday: Take down current show at Oxbow Press Gallery - Birds and Cats
April 15th, Friday: Finish wood block from RMPAS for a truck print today at TMCC
April 26-28th, Wed. Th. Fr.: Attend the Rocky Mt. Print Alliance Symposium
April 30th, Saturday: Assist with Engraving Workshop
May 1st, Sunday: Indie Reno May Day Craft Fair
May 7th, Saturday: Derby Day with the Reno Chamber Orchestra ( I know, these last two are technically in May but I will be preparing for them (or I SHOULD be!) all this month)

The Screen Printing workshop will be a blast. Check out a couple pictures from the last class:
This is a screen and this is how it works!
student Jordan makes her first print
Shannon demos screen-printing

washing out a screen with filler in it
Students had a great time and produced some really cool work. I can create items for my the May Day craft fair at this workshop, or at least things that will become saleable at some point. The wood block I really should have started when I first got it a few days ago, but I seem to be nothing if not a procrastinator. So, true to form, I have all of 10 days left to finish cutting my block so that it is ready to print by the 15th. Luckily I already have a few ideas.... now I just need to carve them into the wood, too bad that's the hard part (or at least most time consuming.) Stationary and other cool stuff will be made - there is no question! Books are also on my list, I'm making lots of tiny little books to give away in the swag bags. Don't miss it - be among the first 25 and get free goodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment