Hand Pulled Prints, Books, Drawings and More


Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Print Exchanges Etc.

Sneak peek at my latest plate
Sometimes it's difficult to find the proper motivation when beginning a project or body of work. For this reason it's great to participate in events involving other artists whether they are openings, social meetings or exchanges. Printmakers enjoy the ability to create multiples and that makes exchanging educational, interesting and helps connections with other artists. It's also a way to watch what other artists are doing and get inspired. This year I got excited and signed up for about eight exchanges so that's just about all I've been working on this summer. I find it helpful to work on things that are unrelated in theme and size to find out if there are certain motifs emerging. 

This plate is for La Calacas
After organizing 2.25 I have even more respect for the dedicated people who initiate and follow through on the print exchanges in which I participate. The most fun part is revealing all the prints! I wouldn't want to spoil that surprise, but I would like to give you a glimpse. Links to print exchange galleries and better photos will arrive soon after the curators post.

My IPE 2011 prints, can't give it away yet!



2 comments:

  1. Rachel,
    I returned from a trip yesterday and was excited to find my parcel of prints from the 2.25 exchange in my mailbox. You did a wonderful job of putting the selection together; the whole experience was excellent. I will definitely watch for information from you regarding a future exchange. Thank you for your time and effort with this "wee" show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Patricia! So glad you received your portfolio and that you participated, your prints are lovely.

    ReplyDelete