Hand Pulled Prints, Books, Drawings and More


Monday, November 7, 2011

Calacas Update!

It's so refreshing to see your art in new locations. I am so glad I participated in Las Calacas International Print Exchange, the print was beautiful and now my image is traveling to Nicaragua! So many amazing artists participated, including Wendy Willis who I was lucky to meet in person at the Rocky Mountain Printmaking Alliance this past April. My portfolio of prints from this exchange is still winging it's way to me across the country through the United States Postal Service, but there have been many amazing updates from different locations across America and Central America as the exhibition prints go up for display. 

Las Calacas Submission
My image is a copper plate etching and aquatint. A framed proof of this print is for sale at L'gallery in the 720 Tahoe Street studios. Head down soon to see my art in person. All purchases support student travel!
Under the dancing Diablo's trident you can see my print peeking out from the wall. How cool, my art is in another country!

Dia de los Muertos Festival
Also just received my International Print Exchange portfolio from Green Door Press. My collection is lovely, though I admit being partial to a lovely intaglio and cine colle piece with beautiful line work illustrating a man slowly losing his head. It's pinned up on my makeshift cork board!

1 comment:

  1. I love your Calaca! 150 artists! I am so interested to see who I get! Would love one of yours...if we don't get each other's, want to trade?

    ReplyDelete